Key binding problems on a IBM SP2 supercomputer :-(

Dear Zsh Users,
	I am using an IBM SP2 supercomputer, where each node is an RS6000
cpu running AIX. I have just built the latest beta version of zsh (beta9)
and most of the key bindings do not work. For example, CTRL-A does not move
to the beginning of the line, CTRL-L does not clear the screen, etc. Any
suggestions?

Jeffrey S. Hall				Luke: "At the rate they're gaining!?"
					Han: "Traveling through hyperspace
Office:					       ain't like dusting crops, boy.
Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC)           Without precise calculations
New London, CT				       you could fly right through a
06320                              	       star or bounce off in to a
(203) 440-6558 / 440-4764		       super nova, and that would end
                                               your trip real quick, wouldn't
                                               it?"
					 -- scene from 'Star Wars'
e-mail: hall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx