vi-history-search-*ward

Hello!

I just noticed that my newly compiled zsh (2.6-beta14) behaves weirdly
when I do a history search. This may be an intentional feature, the
announcement of which I have missed, but I bring it to your attention
just in case.

In my old shell (2.5.03) I could search using <ESC>/foo , now I need
to do <ESC>?foo .

The reason seems to be a change in the default bindings:

    2.5.03> bindkey -a /
    vi-history-search-backward

    2.6-beta14> bindkey -a /
    vi-history-search-forward

This is indeed logical, but my fingers think this is wrong; they should
prefer to search through history with /. This can easily be
accomplished through an explicit bindkey-statement in my .zshrc-file,
but I feel a proper shell should to the RightThing® by default.

Feature or oversight?

Sverre

Sverre Slotte                               Email:          sverre@xxxxxx
Granbackagränden 4 E 33                     Phone:    + 358   0  8558 007
02210 Esbo, Finland                         Mobile:   + 358 400   641 007
Nokia Research Center                       Phone:    + 358   0 4376 6208
P.O.Box 45, 00211 Helsingfors, Finland      Phax:     + 358   0 4376 6856
Kajakken er uten sammenligning den ypperste enkeltmannsfarkost som finnes
                                                 -- Fridtjof Nansen, 1891