problems matching 'ls'

I've got a problem with something I am guessing is a 'feature'
which I am using incorrectly.  I am 90% sure there is a setopt which
controls this, but I don't know what it is...

When I try to do an 'ls' on a file which doesn't exist, it shows
the contents of the current directory.

I would prefer it to say 'no such file' or some such.

Can this be done?

Thanks

TjL

--
Timothy J. Luoma, currently with nothing witty to put in his .sig
	luomat@xxxxxxxx  <<--NEW address