zsh 3pre2: carriage return in prompt

I had been using this as my prompt:

PROMPT='[%h] [OLD: $OLDPWD] [CURRENT: %~] $(echo "\n")'

That gave me the information I wanted, and a carriage return at the
end of the line, so my commands always began at the left margin.

This no longer works with 3.pre2.  Has something changed that makes
this impossible? All I want is something that looks like this:

[localhost] [OLD: /old/path] [CURRENT: ~current]

where X represents where the cursor would be located

Thanks!
TjL

Timothy J. Luoma <luomat@xxxxxxxx>
NeXTMail adored! (MIME/SUN also accepted)
Now in infancy: http://www.nerc.com/~luomat