Re: bash like tab tab 's

On Aug 27,  4:34pm, Duncan Sargeant wrote:
} Subject: bash like tab tab 's
}
} In the brief period between installing Linux and changing the default
} shell to zsh, I noticed bash's tab tab feature, where pressing tab once
} will try to complete a word as per usual, but if it can't, pressing it a
} second time will give a list of commands.

I think you want

setopt autolist listambiguous

While we're on the subject of just-noticed features in other shells, I
just noticed that tcsh's `complete' command can take a glob pattern for
the name of the command(s) to which the programmable completion should
apply.  Does anybody think this would be useful enough to add to zsh?

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

New male in /home/schaefer: