Re: newgrp

> Wether with the above function, or with the alias proposed in the FAQ,
> I always finally receive the message "zsh: newgrp not found",
> since there is no newgrp command available.

aha --- most systems have an external command newgrp available which
seems to be missing there.  zsh does have some mechanism for changing
the group by altering $GID, but the way it's set up it's only usable by
the superuser, as far as I can tell.

This seems to be a fatal flaw --- anybody else any suggestions?

(P.S.: note new spelling of Deutsches and Elektronen.  Sorry.)

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77413