Re: VI command line editing

Vidiot wrote:
>BUT, pressing the up or down key causes a problem, since the escape sequence
>is used to place me in vi edit mode and the rest of the cursor key sequence
>causes screen flashing (vi editng error).

It's a change in the handling of multi-character key bindings.
Previously there was just one multi-character key binding table for vi
mode, used in both insert and command modes -- this was a kludge that
only really worked for the built-in key bindings.  In 3.1 there is a
new key binding system, that properly separates command and insert
modes, so the arrow keys are now (for vi compatibility) bound only in
command mode.  It's easy to bind them in insert mode yourself.

-zefram