Re: Strange effect under 3.1.1

   From: Zoltan Hidvegi <hzoli@xxxxxxxxxx>
   Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 21:07:10 +0100 (MET)

   > When zsh is invoked as "shell" -- or anything else starting with "s" --
   > it emulates the POSIX shell.

   Yes.  I should have mentioned this change, sorry.  Now the emulation
   mode is determined after examining the first letter of the name used
   to invoke zsh.

Hmm, may I ask what's the rationale to use only the first letter to
make that decision?

Just imagine a poor unsuspecting soul who links his zsh to something
like coolsh and then wonders what has happened to his shell...

It shouldn't be too costly to compare the whole name after the last /
on startup, or would it?

	--jc