Re: problem with GNU Emacs shell mode

>>>>> "Bart" == Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>>>> "Jerry" == Jerry Jackson <jrj@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

 Jerry> I've been using zsh for a long time but when GNU Emacs changed
 Jerry> comint mode around version 19.2x - 19.3x I started getting a
 Jerry> lot of spurious ^M's in my buffer.
[...]
 Jerry> Has anyone figured out how to fix this problem?
[...]
 Bart> Placing a
 Bart>     (setenv "TERM" "emacs")
 Bart> in your ~/.emacs file seems to fix this.  If that confuses
 Bart> other programs that are run from within emacs, you can instead
 Bart> use
 Bart>    (setenv "ESHELL" "~/bin/eshell")
 Bart> and then put "TERM=emacs exec zsh" in the file ~/bin/eshell.

Neither of these works for me.  I start a shell and get ^M's and "echo
$TERM" still returns "dumb".  Next idea?

--
Jim Crigler <crigler@xxxxxxx>
Schwartz Electro-Optics, Inc.   Voice:  (407)298-1802 x200