Re: problem with GNU Emacs shell mode

 Peter> "James B. Crigler" wrote:
 Me>  Neither of these works for me.  I start a shell and get ^M's and
 Me> "echo $TERM" still returns "dumb".  Next idea?

 Peter> Assuming you're never going to be doing command line editing
 Peter> with zsh in a terminal that's `dumb', you can put

 Peter> [[ $TERM = dumb ]] && unsetopt zle

 Peter> in your .zshrc.  This certainly works for me.

As it did for me.  Many thanks.

 Peter> (If you *did* need to do edit in a dumb terminal, probably the
 Peter> right thing to do would be to find out what the terminal
 Peter> actually is anyway.)

True, but since the subject is GNU Emacs shell mode, I have plenty of
editing capability.

--
Jim Crigler <crigler@xxxxxxx>
Schwartz Electro-Optics, Inc.   Voice:  (407)298-1802 x200