Re: very weird echo problem

Wolfgang Hukriede <whukriede@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, I checked your script under Nextstep3.2 and zsh 3.0.2 with
> and without cron, it runs flawless.

Aha!! I've tried it myself with zsh 3.02, and it works! So this is
obviously a bug and I'm not as stupid as I was afraid I am... :-)

> Do yourself a favour and upgrade.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd love to do this, but the script will
be published for the whole NEXTSTEP community and I can't build on
something that's not a standard part of NEXTSTEP.

Anyway, thanks to this crazy workaround 1>&1 (can't believe I found
that one!) it will work...

Thanks a lot!

                Bye
                        Uli

Uli Zappe               E-Mail: uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                (NeXTMail,Mime,ASCII) PGP on request
Lorscher Strasse 5      WWW:    -
D-60489 Frankfurt       Fon:    +49 (69) 9784 0007
Germany                 Fax:    +49 (69) 9784 0042

staff member of NEXTTOYOU - the German NEXTSTEP/OPENSTEP magazine