Can't use bindkey -c

I'm converting from tcsh to zsh, and have question:

Does zsh's "bindkey" allow the same functionality as tcsh's "bindkey
-c"?  This allows a keystroke to be bound to a builtin or external
command instead of an editor command.  This is useful when I'd like to
run a command and see it's output without having to destroy the
contents of the command-line buffer.

Example:

bindkey -c "^P" pwd

% vi /tmp/blah         <-- Type "^P" here
/usr/bin               <-- shell prints wd
% vi /tmp/blah         <-- I can continue typing here

If there's any way to do this in zsh, please let me know.

Thanks,

Steve

~~
stephen.talley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx