Re: help!! installing zshell

Hi

>  can any body help me in installing zshell in my account, i don't have
> root access and machine is rs/6000,AIX4.1 version. i have enough memory
> but i am not able to make necessary changes.i can give u my login id &
> passwd if u have the energy to help me.
> i would appriciate if anybody comes forward.
> thanks

What exactly cant you get to work? Have you compiled and installed it
in your own file space? Ive just compiled zsh on AIX 4.1/RS6000
and it built OK.

I know that you can't change your login shell to any shell not
listed in the file /etc/security/login.cfg. Either you have to
get your local sys admin involved or have your existing login shell
start zsh (which is a little unpleasant but Ive done it).

			Anthony.