Re: German Umlauts still dont work

Wolfgang Hukriede <whukriede@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yet one more scenario to consider: What if you're engaging the
> other well known terminal emulator application on the Next, then
> switch on Latin1-encoding for that app, (which I believe is quite
> common among nextians with a heterogenous networking environment),
> would you then be willing to compile a second version of the zsh?
> Don't think so.

OK, so I'd say use the correct isprint (i.e. NXIsPrint in the case
of NEXTSTEP) by default and still have a "printeightbit" option.

                Bye
                        Uli

Uli Zappe               E-Mail: uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                (NeXTMail,Mime,ASCII) PGP on request
Lorscher Strasse 5      WWW:    -
D-60489 Frankfurt       Fon:    +49 (69) 9784 0007
Germany                 Fax:    +49 (69) 9784 0042

staff member of NEXTTOYOU - the German NEXTSTEP/OPENSTEP magazine