zsh as root login

Hi,

I'd like to have root use zsh on my system.  In order to do it
properly, it needs to be installed in /bin and to be compiled
statically.  But zsh installs itself in /usr/local/bin and is
compiled dynamically (which is OK for normal users but not for
root).

So I modified the Makefile to compile a static version of zsh and
install it in /bin in addition to the dynamic version in
/usr/local/bin and I think it would be great if the next version
of zsh would provide such a thing without people having to hack
the code.  Besides the directory in which to install the program,
the only difference is a -static flag (for gcc) added to the link
phase of the compilation.

Is it wise and can you do it?

Thanks.

--