Re: /etc/profile being read after my personal .zshenv

"Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Nope.  The order is:
>
>  1	/etc/zshenv
>  2  (NO_RCS is checked, and if set, no more are read.)
>  3	$ZDOTDIR/.zshenv
>     (The next two are skipped when not a login shell.)
>  4	/etc/zprofile
>  5	$ZDOTDIR/.zprofile
>  6  (NO_RCS is checked again, and if set, no more are read.)
>  7	/etc/zshrc
>  8	$ZDOTDIR/.zshrc
>     (The last two are skipped when not a login shell.)
>  9	/etc/zlogin
> 10	$ZDOTDIR/.zlogin

I have a flow chart diagram of this in part of a talk I gave on unix
shells.  See:

http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/gjb/ToolsTalks/unix-shell/img009.GIF

I believe it is accurate for Zsh 3.0.5 (and is the same as Bart
described except I mention checking for an interactive shell between 6
and 7, and I omit test 6.

Greg J. Badros
gjb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Seattle, WA  USA