Re: converting ints from base 10 to base x

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:

> Is it possible to print a number from, say base 10, to base 2? For
> example I want to know how 255 looks in base 2, how do I do that? I know
> how to print any number in base 10 with $[16#ff], but the reverse?

% typeset -i 2 base2
% base2=255
% print $base2
2#11111111

I would like to know direct way as well. Probably, additional flag, such
as
   ${(b2)foo}
where value is printed in base 2 if result is integer value. Nice for
arrays as well.

Andrej Borsenkow 		Fax:   +7 (095) 252 01 05
SNI ITS Moscow			Tel:   +7 (095) 252 13 88

NERV:  borsenkow.msk		E-Mail: borsenkow.msk@xxxxxx