Re: Completion on word prefix only (tcsh-style)

> Is there an option to force zsh to only look at a prefix on
> completion?  This seems to be the default in tcsh, but I can't get it
> to work for zsh.

The command is called expand-or-complete-prefix.  If you bind it to
tab, you will probably get something like tcsh behaviour.

> BTW, the COMPLETE_IN_WORD option sounded good but didn't do the trick.

That's for when you've got something in the middle of the word
missing, i.e. both the prefix and the suffix count but with insertion
at point instead of the end.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +39 50 911239
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/