background jobs / feature request

Say I have several background jobs which I can see with jobs -l which are
either running in & mode or were control-Z'd into submission

[1]    11381 running    tail -1f /tmp/console.log
[2]  - 11839 suspended  ls --ignore=.dir.tiff --ignore=.opendir.tiff
--ignore=.dir3_0.wmd --classify  |
       11840 suspended  less
[3]  + 11841 suspended  find / -xdev -newer /etc/sendmail.cw -print
[4]    11767 suspended  /usr/local/bin/pine -p
/Users/luomat/Unix/pine/pine.rc -sort arrival -f activ

Now I want to get #2 back... is there any way that ZSH could be made to
understand

fg \[2\]

or, better

fg 11839

?

This would be much more convenient, especially in the case of pine where I
have to type

fg /usr/local/bin/pine

TjL