Re: zsh vs. ksh coproc redirection semantics

On May 7,  9:34am, Andrew Main wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh vs. ksh coproc redirection semantics
}
} I think we should probably just implement the documented ksh behaviour.

I'd take a poll first (and see if you can get PF to answer).  One aspect
of the current zsh behavior is that you can leave the same coproc running
all day and feed different stuff through it from time to time, which IIRC
was actually discussed in a long-ago introduction-to-zsh document that
Paul once distributed.

} It we makes fds above 9 visible, then the usual numerical syntax can be
} used to copy, rather than move, the coprocess fds.

With respect to that, I suggest simply making <&999 >&999 legal syntax
when a particular option is set.  It's unlikely to clash with existing
scripts and is simpler than trying to add some other syntactic marker.