Re: Documentation notation question

Bart Schaefer wrote:
>In the section "Parameters Set By The Shell", many parameter names have <S>,
><Z> or both tags.  The meaning of these tags isn't explained anywhere that I
>can find.

First section of zshparam(1):

       In the parameter lists, the mark `<S>' indicates that  the
       parameter  is  special.   Special  parameters  cannot have
       their type changed, and they stay special even  if  unset.
       `<Z>' indicates that the parameter does not exist when the
       shell initialises in sh or ksh emulation mode.

-zefram