Re: zsh for win32 - installation of zshrc

On 15 September 1998, David N. Blank-Edelman wrote:
> Howdy-
>   I just wanted to de-lurk for a moment to say publically that I'm one
>   of those people who uses your zsh port on NT and I am *really,
>   really* grateful for all of the time you've put in so far to make it
>   work. I'm sure I'm not alone in this appreciation.

No you're certainly not. Life on NT would be almost unbearable without
Amol's Zsh port and other great progs like Vim.

> P.S. Now if I could only get a decent console window under NT that can
> do scrollback and reasonable cut and paste....

I'd love to have the XFree86 xterm as the console window. It's probably
been ported under cygwin32 but running an Xserver just to get a decent
console window seems a bit OTT.

BTW, you can get scrollback (if I understand your terminology properly).
Properties->Layout->Screen buffer size does the trick. Cut and paste
works too but it is incredibly fiddly as you need to muck about with
the menu.

--
stephen@xxxxxxxxx