Definition of a word

Is there a way to refine what zsh think of as a "word" ? It seems that a
word is "anything other than whitespace" which gets really annoying when
one use <ESC><BS> to delete part of a path because the whole path is
destroyed :-(

<ESC><BS> is "backward-delete-word" in tcsh and "backward-kill-word" in zsh
BUT their notion of "word" is different.

Example:

tcsh> ls -l /usr/local/bin
<ESC><BS>
tcsh> ls -l /usr/local/
<ESC><BS>
tcsh> ls -l /usr/

while in zsh, I get this... ("/" is not a word delimiter).

zsh> ls -l /usr/local/bin
<ESC><BS>
zsh> ls -l

Last time I checked, bash 2.x was behaving like tcsh.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Usenet Canal Historique