Re: How to NOT allow LC_COLLATE to corrupt globbing ???

"Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hey, Tim, any chance you can try ksh in some other language
> environment to see if it collates character ranges?

I've just tried ksh93, and it seems to ignore LC_COLLATE in this case,
whereas zsh uses LC_COLLATE.

I think there's a strong case for changing zsh's behaviour here.
Although I can see why one might want to treat accented letters and
similar things in a locale specific way, ignoring case strikes me as
far worse than doing the wrong thing with accented letters.