Re: help with 'test' command (gnu, not built-in)

Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Timothy J Luoma wrote:
> > Unfortunately I can't get anything out of GNU-test which wants
> >
> > {--help}
>
> Are you sure it's not just `--help' with a funny convention for
> displaying optional arguments?  If it's right as you've written it,
> '{--help}' is more or less guaranteed to work (except nothing in zsh
> is quite guaranteed).

I'm sure it must be `--help' with braces just for clarity.  I don't
have GNU test installed here, but all the GNU programs I have which
accept --help, accept it just as written (and these all work fine with
zsh---zsh doesn't normally do anything special with --help, although
it's probably possible to change this), and this behaviour is in the
guidelines for GNU programs.  It would be very surprising if test was
an exception.