Re: How to bind ctrl-arrow to word jumping?

On Mon, Dec 21, 1998 at 10:20:11AM +0100, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> I have tried *lots* of ways to try to bind ctrl-arrow to word wise
> jumping, and some actually worked, but then arrow alone also does word
> jumping ;(. How can I do this, or, more generally, bind something to a
> non-letter key with a modifier?

As Bernd said, the problem is that by the time the shell sees it, something
upstream will have normally have discarded the modifier because there isn't
a standard way to represent it.

If you can live with this only working under X, you might consider the
following in .Xdefaults or whatever:

XTerm*VT100.Translations: #override\
        Ctrl<Key>Left: string(0xe2)\n\
        Ctrl<Key>Right: string(0xe6)

(assuming M-b and M-f do what you want: YMMV)

Anthony