Re: Terminal problem with linux-2.0.34

On Feb 14, 11:26am, vherva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
} Subject: Terminal problem with linux-2.0.34
}
} The flaw in the terminal handling appears as follows: when I type text
} on the command line, only the first two characters are echoed. The line
} does show up, if erase a character. Also, the command line is only
} executed after I press return twice.

Are you running this under X or on the console?  If X, try the console.
Does it affect all the virtual terminals?  Does it affect remote logins?
If you run "ps t$TTY:t", do any other processes show up as attached to
the same terminal?

What happens if you "unsetopt zle" or run zsh as "zsh +Z"?

} I tried updating to 3.0.7 and 3.1.5, and the bug still appeared.

So that means you've logged out and back in and the problem still occurs?
If running X11, have you completely shut down and restarted the server?

BTW, where did you get this so-called 3.0.7, and what were you running
before you upgraded to it?  There's been no release in the 3.0 series
since 3.0.5.

(Who is awake because some random home appliance is making a beeping sound
for a few seconds every 10-20 minutes, and he can't track it down.  Argh.)