Re: How do *you* sync your zsh config files?

Replying to message of Thu, 15 Apr 1999 20:22:14 +0100
	from Adam Spiers <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
	regarding ``Re: How do *you* sync your zsh config files?''

> > I'm getting to the point of dumping everything in one big .zshenv
> > (global config files are empty in most of these cases) but that's
> > not really what I'd prefer... I like having my
> > aliases/bindkeys/completions/etc all in different files, in case of
> > an editing mistake in one file it is easier to locate and fix.
>
> Why's that?  zsh usually tells me a line number if I mess things up
> badly.

Unfortunately zsh can get confused, especially with missing end quotes (my
favorite error to make)... it can tell me the line number that's really far
from where the open quote goes.

I've got all my complex functions (those which span more than one 70-char
line) in separate files in a folder $ZDOTDIR/Functions/Complex/ for this
exact same thing.... any problem with one doesn't hurt the others.

It makes things much easier, especially when you do several different
changes in a row (as I seem to tend to do).

TjL