Re: Problem with flow control in screen

Scott RoLanD <shr@xxxxxxxx> typed:
:I have installed the GNU program screen and set it to use "^q" as it's
:escape character, and disabled its flowcontrol with the following
:options in my .screenrc:
:	defescape ^Qq
:	defflow off
:My problem comes when I try to use the magic key "^Q" to talk to
:screen. If I am looking at a zsh prompt, it won't work, the "^Q" is
:apparently eaten and never shown to screen. However if I am running
:any other text program (like mutt, less, etc.) then the "^Q" works and
:lets me talk to screen. I have tried this with the zsh-option
:no_flow_control set and unset, it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Just worked for me (3.0.6-pre-3):
% screen -e '^Qq' zsh -f
% setopt noflowcontrol
(then do   CTRL-Q ?   and get help screen)

Guess we need more information about your system, zsh version, etc.

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing   <gcw@xxxxxxxxx>            Mobile : (Australia) 0413 431 874
Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/   Ego URL: http://pobox.com/~gcw/