3.0.6-test-1 available at last

A test version of the next zsh 3.0 release has finally reached ftp.zsh.org.
The file is in the testing subdirectory:

-rw-r--r--  1 mason  zsh   125020 Jul 25 18:14 zsh-3.0.5-3.0.6-test-1.diff.gz

There are no new files in 3.0.6 so I didn't feel there was any reason to put
up a complete compressed tar; if it would be helpful to have the complete
tar file, just let me know.

A patch against 3.0.6-pre-5 is available at ftp.brasslantern.com/pub/zsh/
with the rest of the prelease patch set.  See the README there.

Most of the changes are bug fixes; Etc/NEWS describes a few new features
or potentially noticeable differences.  The largest changes are in the
job management code, which has been tested some in 3.1.6 and should
be substantially the same here, but could use a bit of a workout just
in case.  Other extensive changes include support for large (64-bit)
file sizes on operating systems that support it, and catching up the
documentation and meta-documentation with the real world.

As Peter said about 3.1.6:

} Much of the new code is fairly well tested, so my main interest now is to
} sort out compilation problems for systems we may not have tried.  In
} particular, it would be helpful if anyone compiling this (including regular
} zsh-workers) could check against the notes for their configuration in
} Etc/MACHINES, and drop a note to zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx about anything
} different, i.e. successful compilations on configurations not mentioned at
} all, or problems not mentioned for configurations which are supposed to
} work, or problems which seem to have been exaggerated --- don't assume we
} know anything machine-specific which isn't in Etc/MACHINES.

Zsh is available from the following anonymous FTP sites. These mirror
sites are kept frequently up to date. The sites marked with (G) may be
mirroring ftp.math.gatech.edu instead of the primary site. The sites
marked with (H) may be mirroring ftp.cs.elte.hu instead of the primary
site.

[ I believe the math.gatech.edu site to be offline, but we don't have
that confirmed yet. ]

     Primary site
           ftp://ftp.zsh.org/pub/zsh/
           http://www.zsh.org/pub/zsh/

     Australia
           ftp://ftp.zsh.org/pub/zsh/
           http://www.zsh.org/pub/zsh/
           ftp://ftp.ips.gov.au/pub/packages/zsh/  (G)  (H)

     Denmark
           ftp://sunsite.auc.dk/pub/unix/shells/zsh/

     Finland
           ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/unix/shells/zsh/

     France
           ftp://ftp.cenatls.cena.dgac.fr/pub/shells/zsh/

     Germany
           ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pub/unix/shells/zsh/  (H)
           ftp://ftp.gmd.de/packages/zsh/
           ftp://ftp.uni-trier.de/pub/unix/shell/zsh/

     Hungary
           ftp://ftp.cs.elte.hu/pub/zsh/
           http://www.cs.elte.hu/pub/zsh/
           ftp://ftp.kfki.hu/pub/packages/zsh/

     Israel
           ftp://ftp.math.technion.ac.il/mirror/ftp.zsh.org/pub/zsh/
           http://www.math.technion.ac.il/mirror/ftp.zsh.org/pub/zsh/

     Japan
           ftp://ftp.tohoku.ac.jp/mirror/zsh/  (H)
           ftp://ftp.nisiq.net/pub/shells/zsh/  (H)
           ftp://ftp.win.ne.jp/pub/shell/zsh/

     Norway
           ftp://ftp.uit.no/pub/unix/shells/zsh/

     Romania
           ftp://ftp.roedu.net/pub/mirrors/ftp.zsh.org/pub/zsh/

     Slovenia
           ftp://ftp.siol.net/pub/unix/shells/zsh/  (H)

     Sweden
           ftp://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/unix/zsh/

     UK
           ftp://ftp.net.lut.ac.uk/zsh/
           ftp://sunsite.org.uk/packages/zsh/

     USA
           ftp://ftp.math.gatech.edu/pub/zsh/
           ftp://uiarchive.uiuc.edu/pub/packages/shells/zsh/
           ftp://ftp.rge.com/pub/shells/zsh/
           ftp://foad.org/pub/zsh/
           http://foad.org/zsh/