Re: strange glob expansion

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Sep 2, 12:15pm, Hubert Canon wrote:
> } Subject: Re: strange glob expansion
> }
> } Bart Schaefer écrivait :
> } > % echo .scwm/{chan*,**/scwmrc*}
> }
> } Not exactly. The { , } construct is somewhat different than ( | ) :
> } for example, when one of the partterns fails, the whole expression
> } fails.
>
> That's what `setopt cshnullglob` is for.  I can't imagine why anyone would
> not want that option when the shell is interactive; brace expansion is
> practically useless without it.

It's true. It always annoyed me that a no match would brake the whole thing.
But I just tried setopt cshnullglob to no avail.
It's still complaining about a no match, even if there are other matches:

dado@saci:~/pdi/timesheet 16 -> setopt | grep null
cshnullglob

dado@saci:~/pdi/timesheet 17 -> ll 99090{0,1,2,3}
UX:ls: ERROR: Cannot access 990900: No such file or directory
UX:ls: ERROR: Cannot access 990903: No such file or directory
-rw-------    1 dado     users         19 Sep  1 20:06 990901
-rw-------    1 dado     users         19 Sep  2 19:39 990902

I also would like to have the same behavior on 99090{0..3}
Is that possible?

Any idea?

Thanks.

ZSH_VERSION=3.0.5
SGI O2 - IRIX 6.5

d a d o    f e i g e n b l a t t                       direct (650) 846-8386
dado@xxxxxxx - Technical Lighter                   front desk (650) 846-8100
PDI - Palo Alto, CA                                       fax (650) 846-8101