Please help notorious "space"-mistyper

Hi,

I like to use zsh and the command line and change often the working
directory. But unfortunately nearly each second time I type (too fast)

 cddirectory

instead of

 cd directory

That is time consuming and nerve-racking.

Can the power of zsh help me? For e.g. checking if the input line starts
with the string "cd" with a following no-space character and inserting
a space if the first word (starting with "cd") isn't a valid command.

Sorry, I am not a zsh-expert and concede that I haven't read all available
zsh documentation :-(

Greetings

Jens

--
Dr. Jens Schleusener            debis Systemhaus
phone: +49 (551) 709-2493       Solutions for Research