Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: zsh & HP Term
- X-seq: zsh-users 3048
- From: Ville Herva <vherva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: zsh & HP Term
- Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:27:23 +0300
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <1000428041929.ZM21670@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20000427110231.A3075@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <1000428041929.ZM21670@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: Ville Herva <vherva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 04:19:29AM +0000, you [Bart Schaefer] claimed:
> On Apr 27, 11:02am, Ville Herva wrote:
> } Subject: Re: zsh & HP Term
> } Propably not strictly related to zsh, but I'll ask anyway: I'm having a
> } bit different problem with terminal under HPUX 10.20. Most if not all
> } programs I run seem to ruin my terminal settings so that when I return to
> } zsh, arrow keys work no more.
> Many terminals have two modes, the "normal" mode and the "keypad" mode.
> The arrow keys often send different character sequences in the different
> modes. What's happening is that your terminal is getting switched from
> one mode to the other and not switched back. This is probably a result
> of a problem with the termcap or terminfo description of your terminal.
Yes I thought so, but I never found better termcap for the HP. I tried
some but with no luck.
> The easiest thing to do is use bindkey to bind both the keypad and normal
> arrow key sequences to the same ZLE actions. Most probably that means
> something like this:
> bindkey '\e[A' up-line-or-history
> bindkey '\e[B' down-line-or-history
> bindkey '\e[C' forward-char
> bindkey '\e[D' backward-char
> bindkey '\eOA' up-line-or-history
> bindkey '\eOB' down-line-or-history
> bindkey '\eOC' forward-char
> bindkey '\eOD' backward-char
Marvellous! That solved it. If I had only asked this three years
earlier... Oh well.
> Hey, PWS: You might want to mention keypad mode in the FAQ answer 3.8.
-- v --
Messages sorted by: