Re: empty zsh prompt string under Cygwin 1.1.0 xterm

> Folks,
>
> My zsh has a null, empty prompt (nor are my .z* files sourced) when I
> bring up a zsh xterm:

Could be it's not in interactive mode, for some reason.  Do something like
  [[ -o zle ]] && print "zle is not running"
to check.

>     zsh version:
>         3.0.5-nt-beta-0.74 (Amol Deshpande's port)

This isn't a cygwin-aware port, so far as I know, so it may not realise
(for reasons which would be far beyond my knowledge of Windows) that the
xterm is connected to a terminal.

If you want a more consistent environment, I'd suggest getting 3.1.9 (or
3.1.9-dev-2 from the development directory on the archive, which has a few
bug fixes but few other changes) and compiling it directly under cygwin.
I haven't tried it under an xterm, but normal operation under cygwin is fine.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,