Re: completion for GNU color ls, anyone?

Matthias Kopfermann wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 11:18:11AM +0200, Francis Galiegue wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Matthias Kopfermann wrote:
> >

> > You can just export ZLS_COLORS=$LS_COLORS in your .zshrc or anywhere else, or
> > did I completely misunderstand your question?
> yes, completely :)
> I really want the gnu-linux versions of as many commands as i can
> get. This ZLS_COLORS trick is known to me :)
> as zsh is not for GNU only (which is good), it does not provide
> enough completions for GNU commands.
> ls , screen , perl (well sort of GNU :)), emacs completions, vim
> and many others are missing. (of course, no ZSH distribution can
> have all these commands, that would take 1000's of hours to do
> them all, i guess.)
>
> Do we have a place to collect the completions of GNU commands?
> That would be cool, I am quite sure.

Sure we have. It's called `the distribution' ;-)

But seriously, we already have completion functions for GNU commands
and if people write new ones and send them to us they will be reviewed
and shipped with future versions. The same for non-GNU commands,
obviously.

So, if anyone has anything interesting...

Bye
 Sven