Re: Completing within colon separated paths

> Is there a way to have TAB complete '/usr/local' from the X (marking cursor
> position) in the following:
>
>   $ .:/home/jsc/bin:/usr/locX:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/java/jdk1.3/bin

If you are using the new completion system, then it will work as long as
you are performing a parameter assignment (or it does for me).  So

$ PATH=/foo/bar:...

or

$ typeset PATH=/foo/bar:...

should perform completion correctly.  This is why it works in vared --- the
context is treated similarly to a parameter assignment.  (You still need
expand-or-complete-prefix --- I don't know if it's to be considered a bug
that the colon before is used as a word separator while the one after
isn't.)

Now everything computes?
CSR Ltd., Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0XL, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 392070