compctl -y problem.

Hi. I am having a problem with the "-y" option for compctl. Namely, I
have

compctl -K project_changes -y '$change_descriptions' aecd

where

function project_changes {
  change_descriptions=`aereport changes -unf | grep -v "completed"`;
  reply=(`aereport changes -terse | grep -v "completed" | sed -e 's/ .*$//'`);
}

What happens now is this: $change_descriptions turns out to be a table
with many lines. When I press <Tab> after aecd, the table shows as
expected, but the cursor does not return to where it should. It goes
to one line below where I originally typed <Tab>.

Any clues?

--
Cesar Augusto Rorato Crusius                   o      _     _         _
Stanford University                   __o     /\_   _ \\o  (_)\__/o  (_)

He who sacrifices functionality for ease of use
Loses both and deserves neither