Re: failed to load module: zsh/zle

Timothy Grant wrote:
>I downloaded 3.1.9, made it, and upon typing zsh I get the
>
>zsh: failed to load module: zsh/zle
>
>message.

You need to install the dynamically-loadable modules before you can run
zsh from the build directory.

>So, I went back to the drawing board, did make clean, then did
>a ./configure --disable-dynamic and tried again thinking that
>that for sure would work, well, I get the same error message.

You need "make distclean" before reconfiguring.

I recommend that you use a more recent version -- we're up to 4.0.1-pre-5,
IIRC -- and use the default configuration (with dynamically loadable
modules).  Do "make install.modules" before testing the new binary
("make check").

-zefram