Re: --enable-maildir-support question

Russell Hoover <rj@xxxxxxxxx> typed:
:What exactly does zsh do differently once you *have* compiled in the
:maildir-support option?  Doing a search on "maildir" in man zshall turns up
:no information about --enable-maildir-support.  I have the option set, and
:zsh is still giving no mail notification.
:
:export MAIL=$HOME/.mailspool/rj
:export MAILCHECK=1
:mailpref=$HOME/Mail
:mailpath=($HOME/.mailspool/rj
:            $mailpref/z/'?New zsh mail.'
:            $mailpref/m/'?New mutt mail.'
:            $mailpref/trash/'?New mail in trash.')

Firstly, ``mailpath'' overrides ``MAIL''.
Secondly, Bart mentioned that multiple Maildir spools don't work
properly (yet).  A single Maildir spool does.

I use ``MAIL'' and not ``mailpath'' (because that's also what mutt
looks at) but also setting ``mailpath'', e.g.

% mailpath=('/path/to/my/Maildir?Postman called. New mail has arrived!!')

worked just fine too.

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing  <gcw@xxxxxxxxx>