Re: compinit problems with CygWin and Win XP

On Nov 24,  9:04pm, Le Wang wrote:
} Subject: Re: compinit problems with CygWin and Win XP
}
} oops I had a space in my home directory's name.
}
} --- Le Wang <lewang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > But now when I execute:
} >
} > autoload -U compinit
} > compinit
} >
} > I get this huge dump of functions:

Do you mean the actual directory had a space in its name, or the HOME
variable had a space in it that it shouldn't have?

Either way, compinit should have worked properly.  In the case of the
HOME variable being wrong, it should simply fail to write the dump file.

Can you explain why having a space in your home directory's name caused
this problem?