Re: generic filename completion like "foo --file=ba<tab>"

Peter Stephenson wrote:

> The new completion system will do this, and has completion of dd
> arguments as well.  There's no mileage in trying to add this to the
> old system now.  It's automatic if you run compinit.

if anyone knows how to do this without using the new completion system
i'd like to know about it.

i still don't really understand... is there a way to use parts of the
new completion system without loading the whole shebang? believe it or
not, there are certain things that i _don't_ want to complete (or that i
like doing my own way)... is there a way to load only specific functions
from the new system?

--
The three wise men brought frank incest and mirth.