sh: reuse/src doesn not exist..

Hello!

I am having problems with a makefile, I have zsh 4.something as shell,
and when firing up the target:

m_reuselib:
        sh -c "if test -d reuse/src; \
        then echo; echo Making public Modula reuse library; \
        cd reuse/src    && $(MAKE) $(MFLAGS); else true; fi"

from a makefile, I get the errors:

src> make
sh -c "if test -d reuse/src; \
then echo; echo Making public Modula reuse library; \
cd reuse/src    && make BIN=/vobs/tools/cocktail/solaris/bin
LIB=/vobs/tools/cocktail/solaris/lib CC='cc' CPPC='CC' MC='cat >
/dev/null; :'  OPT='' HOME=/vobs/tools/cocktail/solaris CPP='gcc -E'
RANLIB='ranlib'
INSTALL_PROGRAM='/dept/develop/aes/cocktail/cocktail/inst-sh -c'
INSTALL_DATA='/dept/develop/aes/cocktail/cocktail/inst-sh -c -m 644'
ANSI_OBJECTS='rGetopt.o rFsearch.o rSrcMem.o'; else true; fi"

Making public Modula reuse library
sh: reuse/src: does not exist
*** Error code 1

When I run it as a user with other shell as login-shell, it works
fine.. Hmm what is who missing?? Both solaris make, and gnu make..

Does zsh do something with the sh? overload it??

        /Andy

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!