Re: menu select behaviour

David Thiel wrote:

> Question: Is there any way to default to vi keybindings when using
> the menu select zstyle?  If not, would everyone agree that the
> correct behaviour for it would be to look at the current keymap and
> decide how to behave from that?

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm not really sure I understand what you mean, though. Do you want to
be able to move the cursor inside menu selection with `j', `k', etc.?

You can always define that yourself with

  bindkey -M menuselect 'j' ...

and so on.

I'm not sure I'd like changing the behaviour of these keys in menu
selection even if the user normally uses vi keybindings, because such
`normal' keys currently should leave menu selection and immediately
execute the key's normal function which seems very sensible to me.

Bye
  Sven

--
Sven Wischnowsky                           wischnow@xxxxxxxxx