Re: unlimit filesize (how?)

On  1 Mar, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Mar 1, 12:59pm, jarausch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> }
> } Doing just an 'fdisk' and trying to write the partition table
> } back (on a 40 Gb disk) fails. Switching to 'bash' works fine.
>
> Are you sure this isn't a $path problem, that is, are you really
> executing the same fdisk binary in both cases?  I don't *think*
> filesize limits should affect a raw disk device file.
>
> } Trying to set the filesize limit to 'unlimited' or a large
> } value gives an error message saying it's not possible to
> } use such a big value.
>
> This doesn't sound like a zsh error message, but I can't be sure.  It
> would be helpful if you quoted the *exact* message.

No, it isn't. But somehow, only if I start 'zsh' first
I get this and 'limit' shows this "limited" filesize.
I only have a 'ulimit -c 0' in my  .zshenv file and
my global zshenv file.

I just want to set the limit to 'unlimited'.

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
Institute of Technology, RWTH Aachen