problem compiling zsh

Dear zsh developers,

 I am having trouble getting the zsh-4.0.4 to compile on my Linux 7.2
box.  As root I have tried compiling it both in /root or in my user
directory in /home; in both cases it fails to compile with an Error 1
because of undefined references in function init_term of init.o and
tsetcap in prompt.o.  In both cases in directory zsh-4.0.4 I run
./configure and then make.  It is in running 'make' that I get the Error
1 etc.

        Thanks, awooley@xxxxxxxxxx