Re: Configuring zsh to leave keys in command mode after a vi "/" search

On May 3, 10:26pm, Kingsley G. Morse Jr. wrote:
}
}         $ <esc>/more<cr>
}         ?more_
}         $ more /etc/hosts
}
} When I press "n" to find the next match ...
}
}         $ more /etc/hostsn
}
} Oops! zsh was in vi's *insert* mode, interpreted the "n" literally and
} appended it to the end of the command!

I'm not able to reproduce this at all.  Zsh always stays in command mode
for me after ending a search.  What version are you running, and what
options do you have set?