I lost the control key.

I lost the usage of the control key. I cannot go to the begining or the
end of the command line by typing C-a or C-e for example. And I cannot
search the history by typing C-r as another example.

I don't have this problem in bash. If I'm in zsh and I type 'bash', I can
use the control key.

And the problem is user related: If I type 'su -' and type 'su oli' (oli
is my username), I regain the usage of the control key. If I create a new
user, he doesn't have this problem.

I haven't changed anything in my configuration files. And if I remove the
zsh configuration files, the problem remains.

I'm using zsh 4.04 on Debian Woody (with a little bit of Sid). The Debian
version of zsh is 4.04-14 (don't know if it helps).

I can live without it but it's very annoying.

--
Olivier Laurent.
P3B    : Club Python(-Zope) Belge --------- http://www.p3b.org