Re: Options are not set

> From: Thorsten Haude <zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 18:37:03 +0200
> Subject: Options are not set
>
> Hi,
>
> I try to set a number of options in my .zshrc, some of which are not
> set. I can't find anything amiss with the way I try to set them, so
> I'm confused.
>
> - - - Schnipp - - -
> setopt pushd_to_home		#	pushd w/o arguments cds to $HOME
> setopt pushd_silent			#	don't print directory stack on pushd/popd
> setopt auto_pushd			#	cd pushs dir into stack
> DIRSTACKSIZE=20				#	number of dir stack entries
>
> setopt cdable_vars			#	look for named directories on cd
> setopt auto_list			#	automatically list ambiguous completions
> setopt auto_param_slash		#	append / on directories
>
> setopt hist_ignore_all_dups	#	do not enter duplicates into history
> setopt append_history		#	append, don't overwrite history
> setopt inc_append_history   #   append incrementally, not on exit
>
> setopt long_list_jobs		#	list jobs in long format
> setopt auto_resume			#	single word resumption of existing jobs
>
> setopt rec_exact			#	recognize exact matches even if ambiguous
> - - - Schnapp - - -
>
> - - - Schnipp - - -
> hde@acp1575> setopt
> autopushd
> autoresume
> cdablevars
> histignorealldups
> interactive
> longlistjobs
> monitor
> pushdsilent
> pushdtohome
> recexact
> shinstdin
> zle
> - - - Schnapp - - -
>
> These are missing:
> - - - Schnipp - - -
> setopt auto_list			#	automatically list ambiguous completions
> setopt auto_param_slash		#	append / on directories
> setopt append_history		#	append, don't overwrite history
> setopt inc_append_history   #   append incrementally, not on exit
> - - - Schnapp - - -
>
> What am I missing?

    from the manual:

    When listing options (by `setopt', `unsetopt', `set -o' or `set
    +o'), those turned on by default appear in the list prefixed with
    `no'. Hence (unless KSH_OPTION_PRINT is set), `setopt' shows all
    options whose settings are changed from the default.

    check the missing options in the manual, they're on by default.

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
6:57PM up 8 days, 9:22, 13 users, load averages: 0.03, 0.05, 0.00