Re: Completion question

jarausch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> is there any simple means to enable filename completion
> in situations like this one
>
> export PATH=/usr/local/lib/libper  <TAB>
>
> I always have to first insert a blank after '='
> and then remove it after completion.
> Can I tell the completion system to 'split' after
> a certain character (like '=') here.

With `completion system', do you mean the new, function-based one?

That does all this automatically for me. Even recognising that $PATH
gets a colon-separated list of directories.

If you are using compctl (which you shouldn't), use something like:

  compctl -v -x 'C[0,*:*] n[-1,:]' -f - 'C[0,*=*] n[1,=]' -f -- export

(I think it was...)

Bye
  Sven

--