Why zsh?

I'll start by saying up front that I am just a unix beginner who has
started experimenting with zsh.

So far, I'm very impressed by what I see. However, a friend of mine (who
is a bit of a unix wizard) uses tcsh and is curious as to what zsh can
do that tcsh couldn't do if he wrote a 500 line .cshrc file (which is
what a lot of the .zshrc files I've found on the web seem to be). I
mean, some of these files go on for pages and pages.

If someone who really knows this stuff could give me a few

"zsh is better that tcsh, because..."

I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks